Oct 14, 2005

Blessings and Best friends!

Sometimes we expect it all to be sunshine and roses. . .I like this little poem, it takes the not so good to appreciate the good. There are times in our lives we need to take a step back and see ALL that God has given to us and how blessed we are!

Coming up on 25 years of marriage, I look back and realize the bad times helped the good times seem that much better! I would not be who I am if I hadn't been through all that happened. . .

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

Step back. . .open your heart and mind. . .and notice all the blessings along the way, give your appreciation to God for His wonderful care and faithfulness! Then share them with someone who needs encouragement!

As a friend of mine recalled about my husband and the extrodinary changes in his life in the past 25 years. . .it is truly amazing he is where he is today!

Thanks, Cheri for reminding me of one of the biggest blessings I have recieved! You are so special and one of my dearest friends! We have an enduring friendship . . .another of my wonderful blessing! I love you, my sister & friend!

How is this photo for a BLAST FROM THE PAST!!!!

No comments: