Jun 5, 2007

My Precious Ava



She arrived in her own sweet time. I had the honor of watching her arrive into this world. Not an easy delivery on her or my daughter, I was reminded of the frailty of life.

Watching Keith attend to my daughter's needs and breathe soothing words over her during the 21 hours of labor. I was reminded of my precious husband who did the exact same thing the day our sweet little daughter arrived into this world. What a tear on your heartstrings as you watch your daughter give birth for the first time. She was so strong! Always asking how Ava's heartbeat was and how she was doing. She is a natural mother. Thinking of our children before ourselves. The strength I saw in her through 15 of the 21 hours I was present for, showed me she had become a woman of strength and courage. She is no longer my little girl, but a wife and mother. Ava is a very lucky girl. Keith is a very lucky man.

How proud I am of Keith, my son-in-law, for all he is and has become. He adores both of his girls and watching him with them brings joy to my heart. I know they will always be cherished and protected. He is truly a man that was ready to become a husband and father. Ava & Linsey are lucky to have him.

What I am anticipating now, is the look on my husband's face when he finally arrives to meet his new granddaughter! He will melt and be wrapped immediately! They will have a special relationship. . .

God, thank You for all you have blessed me with! Thank You for protecting my girls through this delivery. Thank You for allowing me to be a part of it.

1 comment:

jimmy said...

Hi Sheri. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've read Jeff's blog on and off for a year or two now. Small world indeed. I'll be in San Jose on business next week.

Congratulations on your Grand Daughter! She's adorable. What a blessing that you were able to be there to support your daughter and see Ava make her debut. I was able to help deliver both of my sons and it was an amazing life changing event! Children are a blessing!

grace and peace, jimmy