Sep 4, 2008

It just get's better!

I never dreamed that after 27 years of marriage, things would be better and getting better each day. My wonderful husband has become even more precious to me!


We have made this crazy move for my job this time and our roles have become weird. But, we have made it a habit to walk together each day and during these walks our talks are of God and what He is doing. . .our dreams and what we could see possibly happening. . .Our sweet children and how they are doing - seems we tag team on the phone with them at times . . .the desires of sharing life with them and our grandchildren as much as possible. . .we prayer walk past the local college as we have felt from the beginning that we would have a spiritual stake in it somehow. . .deal with a few issues that have come along that are a bit uncomfortable. . .but through it all we join together and stand firm together.


I think that is the key to a good marriage. . .standing firm together in the Lord, but being individual enough to express concerns and issues with love and compassion. . .dream and share the others dreams. Somehow see God work it all out and mesh these two separate lives into one. Things have not always been easy, but even the issues have been worth sticking out and weathering. . .just to wake up another morning to see his sweet face sleeping in the bed beside me. . .to look forward to each morning as he reads the Word over us and as we hold hands and pray. That is so special to me.



As much as he talks about my smile. . .he has this smile that is only for me and I just love to see it, watch it form. And to see him laugh in one of our sparring, sarcastic go-rounds. He has helped me develop a sense of humor and I am so thankful for that. Laughter has kept this home on a level ground.



Jeff, You ARE so precious to me! I love you!

No comments: