Jan 2, 2008

Locks of Love


Can you imagine a child fighting with cancer and then also having to live with no hair? Locks of Love is a great program that takes donations of hair and makes them into wigs for these precious kids. Several months ago I decided to continue growing my hair out to donate to this cause.
Of course there is so much mis-information out there that I decided to go to the source http://www.locksoflove.org/ - - I got everything I needed to know. Alot of salons will doante the cost of the haircut

I had heard that if you color (permanent color) your hair you cannot donate - not true - they just can't use bleached hair, it melts in the wig making process.
For the wigs they accept 8 - 12 inch ponytails. they also accept shorter lengths that they can sell to cover the cost of the wig making process.
Take the challenge if you can. It is such a great thing.

This photo is of my Grandaughter Ava & me with my new haircut.

1 comment:

MaryAnn Mease said...

i have tried to grow my hair long for years...it just wont grow out nice...gets fuzzy and needs trimmed.

i know of a friend of mine whose hair grows like weeds...she has donated to them at least twice in the last 5 years...and is almost there again!

great place!